30 Hour Construction Training
Course Description :
Course is a comprehensive safety program designed for anyone involved in the construction industry. Specifically devised for safety directors, foremen, and field supervisors; the program provides complete information on OSHA compliance issues. OSHA recommends Outreach Training Programs as an orientation to occupational safety and health for workers covered by OSHA 29 CFR 1926. Construction workers must receive additional training, when required by OSHA standards, on specific hazards of the job. Upon successful completion of the course, participants will receive a NASP 30-Hour Construction certificate course and completion card within 4-6 weeks.
Course Objectives :
- Given OSHA historical events and current information, the student will be able to explain the importance of OSHA in providing a safe and healthful workplace to workers covered by OSHA.
- Locate OSHA Standards references applicable to specific hazardous conditions and practices
- Recognize the aspects of 1926 Subpart C
- Implement preventative measures for accidents in their workplace
- Understand the requirements for fire protection in the workplace
- Identify the critical health and safety hazards of welding and cutting in the construction industry
- Implement measures for protecting workers and equipment from dangerous falls
- Recognize the hazards associated with working in or around excavation sites
- Understand the safety requirements necessary to protect workers around concrete and masonry jobs
- Protect workers who perform jobs on or around stairways or ladders at work sites
- List and describe the hazards and prevalence of confined spaces
- Identify common electrical hazards and related OSHA standards
- Understand the importance of scaffolding for workers in elevated workplaces
- Understand the value of personal protective equipment, usage, and limitations
Mode of Study :
Face to Face (3-5 Days Course)
Once you have completed each module, you must pass a final exam to receive full credit for the course. The final exam consists of 20 questions. It tests your knowledge of the information covered throughout the course. After three tries, participants who fail the exam are not allowed to continue with an online training format for your Outreach training.
Time to Completion
Once you enroll in the OSHA 30-hour Construction E-Learning Training course you have six months from the time you start this course to complete it in order to receive credit. After six months, your account will expire and you will be required to purchase the course again if you wish to complete it.
Course Outline :
- Introduction to OSHA and Safety Regulations
- Managing Safety and Health
- OSHA Focus Four Hazards (Falls + Caught in or Between + Struck By + Electrocution.
- PPE and Live saving
- Health Hazards in Construction
- Stairways and Ladders
- Concrete and Masonry
- Confined Space Entry
- Cranes, Derricks, Hoists, Elevators and Conveyors
- Fire Protection and Prevention
- Powered Industrial Vehicles
- Tools, Hand, And Power
- Welding and Cutting