NEBOSH International General Certificate
There’s never been a better time to join nearly 90,000 people who have the NEBOSH International General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety.
NEBOSH International General Certificate designed to reflect the needs of today’s employer giving learners everything they need to know and do to make their workplace safer.
Relevant to every workplace, the NEBOSH International General Certificate is ideal for managers, supervisors and anybody with health and safety management responsibilities. It’s also perfect for those embarking on a health and safety career and gives you a stepping stone to success.
It can help to:
- Minimise workplace injuries and illness
- Boost employee wellbeing
- Demonstrate your commitment to health and safety, which can win business
The NEBOSH International General Certificate is based on international standards and best practice. It is made up of two units that must be successfully completed within five years to achieve the NEBOSH International General Certificate qualification:
Unit IG1: Management of Health and Safety
- Why we should manage workplace health and safety
- How health and safety management systems work and what they look like
- Managing risk – understanding people and processes
- Health and safety monitoring and measuring
Unit IG2: Risk Assessment
- Physical and psychological health
- Musculoskeletal health
- Chemical and biological agents
- General workplace issues
- Work equipment
What will I know?
With in-depth focus on the things that matter, the NEBOSH International General Certificate covers the core skills you need, wherever in the world you work. You will learn:
- How to effectively manage health and safety
- How to identify and control common workplace hazards
- How to measure if you’ve been successful
- Relevant key international standards
The International General Certificate can be studied in multiple languages including:
What will I be able to do?
Risk assessment is central to the qualification. Through study and workplace application, successful learners will be able to:
- Confidently carry out risk assessments
- Develop and implement a detailed action plan
- Manage and minimise workplace risks
- Support and develop your company’s health and safety culture
How is it assessed?
This modern qualification combines activities, learning and interactive materials to provide you with an interesting and engaging experience. It focuses on key skills that means you can instantly apply the knowledge you gain and add value to your organisation.
Assessment is a two-step process:
- IG1 – An open book examination to assess what you know. This is scenario based and will include a closing interview, you will be asked questions about your submission.
- IG2 – A practical risk assessment to assess what you can do (3 hours). Learners will complete a risk assessment and develop an action plan for their workplace – this is immediately useful and valuable.