Electrical Safety Training
Course Description :
This Electrical Safety training course is designed to ensure that both employers and employees understand the main risks and the necessary controls for the safe use of electricity at work. This Course starts with general electrical safety requirements and practices and moves its way towards specific situations when dealing with overhead lines, substations, underground electrical installation, and power generators. Course is a comprehensive safety program designed for Maintenance, electrical employees, workers dealing with high voltage electrical lines, safety directors, foremen, and field supervisors; the program provides complete information on Electrical Safety. Upon successful completion of the course, participants will receive an Electrical Safety certificate course and completion card within 4-6 weeks.
Course Objectives :
- Understand why training in electrical safety is essential for maintaining health and safety.
- Have knowledge of your employer’s, and your own, responsibilities under electrical safety legislation.
- Understand what is involved in carrying out a risk assessment of the workplace.
- Understand the importance of maintaining and inspecting electrical equipment.
- Have knowledge of the controls that can be used to help make working with electricity safer.
- Understand the best practices when working with electricity, including overhead power lines, underground cables and indoor work near to a source of electricity.
Mode of Study :
Face to Face (1 Day Course)
Once you have completed each module, you must pass a final exam to receive full credit for the course. The final exam consists of 20 questions. It tests your knowledge of the information covered throughout the course. After three tries, participants who fail the exam are not allowed to continue with an online training format for your Outreach training.
Time to Completion
Once you enroll in the E-Learning Training course you have six months from the time you start this course to complete it in order to receive credit. After six months, your account will expire and you will be required to purchase the course again if you wish to complete it.
Course Outline :
- Electrical Current
- Electrical Shock, Arc and Blast
- Understanding of Electrical Hazards
- Electrical Lock Out / Tag Out
- De-energized Equipment
- Electrical Safety Work Practices
- Energized Equipment and Circuits
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Enclosed Spaces
- Ladders & Platforms
- Work on or Near Energized Equipment
- Clearance Distances for Installed Electrical Equipment
- De-energizing Lines